Saturday 23 April 2011

Easter Weekend

Well I survived my first two days of work! Pretty much everyone in the office is really lovely and I can't quite work out how busy the woman I am replacing ever actually is. There were a fair few hours of sitting around doing a whole lotta nothing on Thursday ... Of course now I've put it out there I will be bombarded with work over the next three weeks! We'll see what happens ...

We've been lucky enough to have a beautiful past 4 days - gorgeous sunshine - perfect running conditions - so we have tried to make the most of it (along with the rest of the city!).

Today I headed off early for a 7k run along the Seawall and Steve did a session on the wind trainer. Once exercise was complete we headed off to sort out bank accounts and rent bikes. We rode for about an hour through Stanley Park which was beautiful. There were heaps of people on the path though (which is only one way thank goodness) but in hindsight it was fine because it actually made us slow down and enjoy the scenery along the way. Felt weird riding a normal bike again though, completely different feeling to a road bike, so I had a couple of gumby moments here and there.



Biking in Stanley Park.

Steven Wehlow: Speed Demon.
 After riding we went and got some lunch from Safeway and walked back down through Stanley Park to the Lost Lagoon. I can't think of a much better view for a lazy Saturday lunch!


Lost Lagoon - Saturday Lunchtime Views.
On our wander back through the park to home I spotted a Raccoon which was very exciting as I've never seen one in real life before! It was funny seeing it in the water though; I never knew they were water loving animals. I Googled it though, and they are! Anyway, it was very cool and Steve managed to take a great photo of the little guy.  


Hello swimming Racoon!

We also walked past a chip & putt golf course which is on the cusp of the park so we've put that on our list of things to do. I'm sure this would not be surprising in the slightest but our list of things is huge! Not sure how we'll ever have enough money to do everything we'd like to (most things on the list are big trips of course ;-) but we thought it'd be a good idea to write everything down and cross it all off (mostly because of me and my list making obsession).

On our walk back home we walked via English Bay and this afternoon (due to prime weather + Easter weekend) it was absolutely packed! We ended up setting ourselves up on the grass and chilling out in the sun, listening to a little jazz band (complete with cute Pug). Kristen ended up coming down to join us for a bit and at about 5pm we headed home (via No Frills - for hot cross buns).


English Bay.

Jazz band w/ Pug (bottom right)

Chilling out.

Chilling out + Kristen joins the fun!
Looking forward to celebrating Easter tomorrow and perhaps if we've been good enough the Easter Bunny might surprise us with some chocolate?! Not that I haven't had my fair share lately, but still, it's Easter. Kristen & Alex are having a couple of friends over and they're in charge of a gourmet Easter lunch. Can't wait!

Happy Easter :-) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment