Wednesday 27 April 2011

Easter Sunday festivities

Despite my best efforts to corrupt others within the household, I am pleased (or not?) to report that all Easter Bunny chocolates were kept in tact and untouched until Sunday morning!

I think it's fair to say Easter Sunday was thoroughlly enjoyed by all involved!

The morning started off with waking to a feast of chocolate courtesy of the Easter Bunny (!). It made us a little nervous to know we slept soundly while Easter Bunny Dobson snuck around us, placing chocolate right near our heads!


Easter Goodies.
As you can see, we may have engaged in early egg eating activities prior to breakfast .... (that doesn't sound like me?!?!?)

After I dragged Steve along to church with me (we have a beautiful little church literally 50 metres walk from our house!) for the Easter Sunday service (he was happy, they gave him a chocolate egg as we left) we returned home to find Kristen & Alex already beginning lunch prep. Their friends Kimee & Hedge were coming for lunch so while the others cooked, we were responsible for cleaning up!


Tidy house & you can see the dining table - an Easter miracle.
Easter lunch was amazing to say the least. Entree consisted of a goats cheese & herb tart with a salad of arugula, pickled beets, walnuts and a lemon vinaigrette.


Started to eat and forgot to take a photo first!

For the main - tarragon roasted French chicken, sauteed English spinach, mushroom & thyme gravy on a bed of parmesan polenta.


The delicious main course

And for dessert? A parfait of strawberries with orange flower water, pink peppercorn meringue, balsamic reduction and basil cream (!!!!) YUM!


            

Are you hungry yet?

For those who did not have to work the next morning (i.e. Alex & Steven), plenty of drinks were consumed - culminating in a very early evening (following a depressing Canucks loss via sudden death overtime), of being passed out in front of the television.



Muha! Justice for Kristen & I.

As for me? I was content in my chocolate coma.

3 comments:

  1. Easter sounds like gourmet chefs delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Well done Mum! Very proud you managed to follow the blog! Good news - I just sorted AFL live TV on the computer and I watched the Lions' 1st quarter from last week to check it was working properly. All good. I'll get up at 2.30am Sat to watch the live Richmond game. Watching them play makes me feel a lot better about the losses. You can see our potential. I am actually quite excited about our young talent. Just need to keep them all and build them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news on your job and your easter sounded like a lot of fun. Very impressed by the gourmet food. Doesn't sound like you are missing home much at all which is really good.
    Love reading the blogs, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete