Friday 6 May 2011

Comings and Goings

So not much to report on this week really. It's been pretty rainy the last few days but nothing we Vancouverite's can't handle! Well, I haven't tested out the gumboots yet but I did buy a nice shiny pair in Seattle so I'm kind of waiting for a day of good rain to test them out!

Last Sunday I completed the 8km fun run which was held during the Vancouver Marathon/Half-Marathon event. Happy to report I ran my fastest ever 8km time thanks to my super coach Steven Wehlow (and his trusty old garmin he palmed off to me). And perhaps a little bit of training...



Start line with stadium in the background. Rogers Arena (home of the Canucks is right near here too)
Stretching

Finisher!

Tastes like metal...

The other big news of the week is that Kristen & Alex are leaving tomorrow morning :-( I will really miss them - it's been nice having the company around and I think we've all done exceptionally well living together in a one bedroom apartment! It was nice to have some extra friends too (not that they had a choice because they're family!) ... and now they're leaving us for their next big adventure - travelling around the US, and then back to Australia later in the year. We will miss them but can't wait to hear all the travel stories and see all of their awesome photos.

Steven is still focussing on his training and job hunting. A few opportunities may be opening themselves up in the coming week so we'll wait and see!

So far we don't have too much planned for the weekend (with weather pending) but Saturday will consist of me waking up at 2am to watch the Q-Clash, a visit to the Vancouver Science Centre (we got free tickets!), my proper training run & a 4.5km run in the early afternoon to coincide with Mum & Kimmy doing our annual Mother's Day Classic. Steven has training (San Fran is one month away!) and Sunday we might head over the bridge to Kitsilano if the weather is nice.

Sorry I don't have any more photos from this week. We've been kinda preoccupied with job hunting/working and training. I promise to do better next time!!

Miss you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment