Wednesday 25 May 2011

Adventures & Origin

This week has been slightly less full-on than previous weeks, primarily because I finished up my month long stint as an executive assistant last Friday, so we're both unemployed once again. On the upside we've had a chance to do some more city exploration at our leisure! Not concerned on the job front for the moment though as Steve has a couple of potential opportunities coming up (if he wasn't so damned "over-qualified" he would've had about a million jobs by now) and I had one potential, but it was during San Francisco trip time so that wasn't going to work for me! Admin jobs are fairly easy to come by at the moment coming into summer and all, so I'm not worried.

To start with some good news for all involved, I visited my new favourite Vancouver hairdresser (although she didn't have much competition!!) last Saturday morning to rid myself of Dolly Parton/Troll/Stripper/Cheeseburger hair - what a relief! Sadly, the work required to undo the initial damage cost almost as much as it did to create the catastrophe in the first place, alas I must say goodbye (for now) to my Marc Jacobs messenger bag purchase planned for next week's San Francisco trip - boo hiss. Having said this, should the Australian dollar continue to be awesome I might still be able to justify the purchase - I'm working on it, I'll let you know.

In more good news, last Saturday (prior to my hairdresser success), we indulged in our naughty meal for the week - breakfast at the waffle cafe on Robson Street - and yes, it was most definitely worth it! Steve had the Canadian style waffle breakfast (waffle, bacon, eggs, maple syrup) while I gorged on a waffle with nutella spread, gelato, whipped cream, strawberries and maple syrup - indeed it tasted as good as it sounds! For some reason I can't upload the photos off Steve's phone, so here's one I got from the site - it's pretty much mine, but substitute the chocolate for maple syrup and add some nutella.

Waffles anyone?

Thankfully we've both been really good with our exercise of late so no worries on the porker-front. Steve has found a few trails in Stanley Park and we are both now converts of trail running. And I HATE running! It's very easy to lose time when you're running trails through a forest in the middle of a busy city (!) and there's pretty much no one in sight. We actually went for a walk up to Prospect Point (touristy, look-out spot) via the trails on Sunday which was really nice and got a couple of good photos. You get the idea of the trails anyway ...


Lions Gate Bridge (view from Prospect Point).

Trails through Stanley Park all pretty much look like this!

Tourist!
Steve spotted a raccoon sneaking off into the bushes
Steve outsmarted by said raccoon. Caught on camera.

Like the true Queensland supporters we are, we faithfully got up at 2 am and made our way over to Dave & Missy's to watch the first Origin match. Glad we did! They've got some gorgeous views from their apartment which is on the 23rd floor of a pretty impressive building just off English Bay (naturally they've got nothing on our basement views of shoes and legs!). I made Steve have a photo with Dave's big TV (I ordered him to look more enthusiastic at 5 am, prior to taking this photo ...)


That's more like it!

Views.
More views.

In other sporting news, the Canucks are in to the Stanley Cup playoff finals following their win over San Hose last night. It was a great game to watch too because we scored an equalizer with 10 seconds to go in normal game time and then scored the winning goal in double overtime. What a great time to have jumped on the bandwagon! GO CANUCKS GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment