Tuesday 17 May 2011

Things I have learned in the past 24 hours

A pre blog-post disclaimer: Brace yourselves for the most hideous images you will ever see. 

1. Never book a hair appointment on impulse.
2. Never book a hair appointment with a hairdresser named Silvana. I should've known better.
3. Never allow a 'stylist' to do your hair when her own hair resembles Shakira's 're-growth central' (Shakira - see below).


Since when did - "can you please just touch up my roots, I like to have a natural blonde look" translate to "please make me look like a stripper" or "give me Lady Gaga hair ... but YELLOWER!" or "I really love the look that albino monk in Da Vinci Code was channeling - let's do that!" or finally - "I just love cheeseburgers so much, I want my head to be a shrine to MacDonald's cheese!" ... I could go on, as you know, but I'm saving the ranting especially for my lovely fiance. He just loves to hear me rant.

Anyway, now I resemble a combination of the following:






Long and painful story short, I now have bright yellow hair. I may have had a little cry this afternoon. Thankfully I have booked in to another (recommended) hairdresser to get the issue fixed. What makes it so much worse though, is that I actually paid $50 more than I would have at Julie's (Julie - my Brisbane hairdresser) to look like a clown. Naturally, as the massive push-over I am (in all situations minus Lions arguments) I didn't even think about stepping foot back in the salon to ask for it to be fixed. It has actually been such a terrible experience that I just never even want to walk past the salon again. Oh I had it so good with Julie, why did I ever leave?!

This time I'm taking a photo of my normal hair to the appointment, just in case.

In other news we had some excitement in the street last night. Just as we were going to sleep we heard this woman scream in the street and a man yell something at her and then we heard some running and 2 police cars, lights flashing, speed around the corner. Turns out we think someone had just robbed them, they'd gone to look for the thieves and ended up running into one of them who was carrying their television! I think they caught whoever it was, but the most exciting event as a result of all the commotion was that while we were peeking out the bedroom window, we saw a skunk run across the road! It was a big, fat, awesome skunk and super cool because, again, I've never seen one in real life before! Awesome!!

So this week it's supposed to be four days of beautiful sunshine and even 21 degrees on Friday! Woohoo! We're looking forward to it and will try and make the most of the long weekend ahead. Steven also managed to score a temp job for two days so we'll have some weekend spending money! We have plans to do the Chinatown night markets on Friday night and then no doubt indulge in some outdoors activities - perhaps a little hiking (though it'll have to be post Saturday morning, or else my troll hair will scare nature).

xx



Oh, P.S. ->


3 comments:

  1. Ohh it doesn't look that bad... but maybe it's just the camera angle/light haha. Hopefully Stephanie can make it all pretty for you.

    The Richmond Summer Night Markets are much better than the Chinatown Night Markets - a little bit of a mission to get to if you don't have a car (so hit up those friends of yours that do have one hehe). They have heaps of food stands selling all sorts of awesome stuff!

    Yay for skunks! Prepare to see a lot more when you're out and about as the weather starts to warm up! And squirrels! Which are way better because they are not stinky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it looks so bad but hard to tell just from photos. I know how bad one can feel after a bad hair do so I have great sympathy for you. Once you find someone good you will need to stick with them.

    Good luck with the repair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kristen - thanks for the tip! We didn't end up going to the markets anyway so will definitely check out the Richmond ones once summer hits. Might be nicer than having to trek through Downtown Eastside to Chinatown too!

    @Wendy - thank you! The repair couldn't have gone better and all is back to normally now thankfully! I will definitely be sticking with this hairdresser from now on!!

    ReplyDelete